Sunday, November 12, 2023

boygenius on Saturday Night Live (feat Phoebe Bridgers, Lucy Dacus & Julien Baker): "Not Strong Enough" & "Satanist"

 

 
   

Not Strong Enough
Black hole opened in the kitchenEvery clock's a different timeIt would only take the energy to fix itI don't know why I am
The way I am, not strong enough to be your manI try, I can't stop staring at the ceiling fan andSpinning out about things that haven't happenedBreathing in and out
Drag racing through the canyonSinging "Boys Don't Cry"Do you see us getting scraped up off the pavement?I don't know why I am
The way I am, not strong enough to be your manI lie, I am just lowering your expectationsHalf a mind that keeps the other second guessingClose my eyes and count
Always an angel, never a godAlways an angel, never a godAlways an angel, never a godAlways an angel, never a god
Always an angel, never a godAlways an angel, never a godAlways an angel, never a godAlways an angel, never a god
Always an angel, never a godAlways an angel, never a godAlways an angel, never a godAlways an angel, never a god
I don't know why I am the way I amThere's something in the static, I think I've been having revelationsComin' to, in the front seat, nearly emptySkip the exit to our old street and go home
Go home alone

Satanist

Will you be a satanist with me?Mortgage off your soul to buy your dreamVacation home in FloridaThe collateral, the devil's repossessin' from meTryin' to score some off-brand ecstasy
Will you be an anarchist with me?Sleep in cars and kill the bourgeoisieAt least until you find out what a fake I amSpray paint my initials on an ATMI burn my cash and smash my old TV
Will you be a nihilist with me?If nothin' matters, man, that's a reliefSolomon had a point when he wrote EcclesiastesIf nothing can be known, then stupidity is holyIf the void becomes a bore, we'll treat ourselves to some self-belief
You wonder if you can even be seenFrom so far awayA slow pull, a seismic driftLeanin' over the edge of the continent
It's so hard to come backYou hang on until it dragsYou under, you underYou under, you under

No comments:

Post a Comment