Tuesday, December 6, 2011

NPR Top Albums of 2011

http://www.npr.org/blogs/allsongs/2011/12/05/143032077/vote-for-your-favorite-albums-of-2011

NPR is asking folks to vote for their Top Ten Albums of 2011.

NPR's own list is here: http://www.npr.org/series/142852713/50-favorite-albums-of-2011-from-npr-music

I didn't use the write-in option, just chose from the albums offered by NPR, and man, it was hard!!!

Sadly, I landed up leaving out Tune-Yards, The Decemberists, The Fleet Foxes, The Smith Westerns, and many other bands that had GREAT albums in 2011...

hey! is it too early to say there is now a renaissance of sorts in both Americana/folky stuff and psychedelic garage-y stuff???

My final list:

Arctic Monkeys
Bright Eyes (Conor Oberst)
Stephen Malkmus & The Jicks
Iron & Wine
PJ Harvey
Yuck
Unknown Mortal Orchestra (UMO)
Girls
Jeff The Brotherhood
Wild Flag

P.S. I'm leaving off The Black Keys since I just got it the other day, so for me, it's NOT one of my top albums of 2011... at least not yet....





No comments:

Post a Comment