Sunday, July 24, 2011

"27" - Previously Unreleased Demo by M.I.A.

27 by _M_I_A_


Rest in Peace Amy (Jimi, Kurt, Jim, Janis, Brian....)

M.I.A. explained she wrote and recorded this demo last year and decided to release it now as a tribute to Amy Winehouse...


Dedicated to all my friends that died at 27.
LYRIX
= = = = = =
said your all mouth and no brains
all rock stars go to heaven
you said you'll be dead at 27
when we drunk in a English tavern
the owner poured you the Bourbon
and you drunk your self so rotten
he got so rich he bought a Bentley
and moved himself to Devon
you started dirty dancing
and you bar tended a dozen
i took you to the clinic
to get you clean but you couldn't
said in 2 days ur 27 and and ur destiny was comin
and ur papa passed so sudden
and left you with lil somin
you blew that money on a mountain of drugs
and staged your self a bedin
a month later when i popped in
your still high but the winter set in
i bought you a coffee and a muffin
and you quoted me some Lenin
i wished i was that clever
but thats what kept me coming
your friendship did mean somin
but you left me for nothin
when i left, you befriended a rope
and i found you both were hanging.


No comments:

Post a Comment