Friday, July 27, 2018

The Best Band That Came Out Of Moldova OR Romania in 2004.... O-Zone... With Their International Smash Hit "Dragostea Din Tei" (AKA "Numa Numa" or "Ma Ya Hi")(Video)



Wikipedia: Dragostea Din Tei, literally "Love from the Lindens", official English title: Words of Love,also informally known as "Ma Ya Hi" and "The Numa Numa Song" is the most successful single by the Moldovan pop group O-Zone, sung in Romanian. It received positive reviews from critics and shot to the number one spot on the Eurochart Hot 100, where it remained for 12 weeks between June and early September 2004.

It topped the single charts in FranceGermany and Austria for over three months, reached three in the United Kingdom and 72 on the US Pop 100. The song became the fourth-best-selling single of the 21st century in France, with 1,170,000 units sold. A popular cover of the song was made by Italian-Romanian pop singer Haiducii, which also charted in many countries, especially Italy and Sweden, where it topped the singles charts. The original song was made notable in the United States by the viral video "Numa Numa" in which Gary Brolsma dances to the song.


The best-known lyrics are the repeated line "nu mă, nu mă iei" from the chorus, hence the name "Numa Numa song". "Nu , nu mă iei" (literally "not me, not me take") is typically translated as "you just won't take me". The full chorus, which also includes the title of the song, runs:
Vrei  pleci dar nu , nu mă iei,
Nu mă, nu mă iei, nu mă, nu mă, nu mă iei.
Chipul tău și dragostea din tei,
Mi-amintesc de ochii tăi.
which translates as:[6]

(You) want to leave but don't want to take me,
Don't want to take me, don't want, don't want to take me
Your face and the love from the linden trees,
Remind me of your eyes.




Ma-ia-hii
Ma-ia-huu
Ma-ia-hoo
Ma-ia-haa
Ma-ia-hii
Ma-ia-huu
Ma-ia-hoo
Ma-ia-haa
Ma-ia-hii
Ma-ia-huu
Ma-ia-hoo
Ma-ia-haa
Ma-ia-hii
Ma-ia-huu
Ma-ia-hoo
Ma-ia-haa
Alo, Salut, Sunt Eu, un Haiduc
(Hello, Greetings, It's me, an Outlaw)
Si Te Rog, Iubirea mea Primeste Fericirea
(I ask you, my love To Accept Happiness)
Alo, Alo, Sunt Eu, Picasso
(Hello, Hello, It's me, Picasso)
Ti-am dat beep
(I sent you a beep)
Si Sunt Voinic
(And I'm Brave)
Dar Sa Stii Nu-ti Cer Nimic
(But You Should Know That I'm not asking anything from you)
Vrei sa pleci dar nu ma, nu ma iei
(You want to leave but you don't want don't want to take me)
nu ma, nu ma iei, nu ma, nu ma, nu ma iei
(Don't want, Don't want to take me, don't want don't want don't want to take me)
Nu Ma, Nu Ma Iei, nu ma, nu ma, nu ma iei
(Don't want to take me)
Chipul tau si dragostea din tei
(Your face and the love from the linden trees)
Mi-amintesc de ochii tai
(And I remember your eyes)

No comments:

Post a Comment