Saturday, February 2, 2013

M.I.A. Unreleased Track "Doobie"

"I spy with my little eye, something that can get you high..."

Stream or download an MP3 of "Doobie" here...

Listen to the Unreleased M.I.A. Track "Doobie"

From the 2007 Danja sessions that produced "Bad Girls"

By 
Jenn Pelly
 on February 1, 2013 at 01:18 p.m.

Listen to the Unreleased M.I.A. Track
One year ago, M.I.A. delivered unto the world her excellent single "Bad Girls", recorded back in 2007 and produced by Danja (the Timbaland protégé known for his work with the likes of Justin Timberlake and Britney Spears). Now, as Rap-Up points out, Danja has shared another M.I.A. track recorded at the same time, titled "Doobie". He calls it "somewhat of a weird, uptempo, high energy" cut with drums pushed through an arpeggiator.
Check out "Doobie" in the clip below, which finds Danja introducing the song while driving in L.A.; the track comes in at 2:34. Also below, revisit the Grammy-nominated video for "Bad Girls".

No comments:

Post a Comment